Monday, August 16, 2010

Lad and the cat


I have been gone for a week now! Thinking back, I have done so much. Not to mention that I am just chillin in India. Its great here and I am so thankful for everyone that helped me have this opportunity. Its funny now how pulling into Rising Star feels like home.


Check me and my sweet pants out! I was pretty excited to find them in the closet this morning. I could get use to wearing these clothes.


I was on tutor duty today. We were told that the ability for a child to read English increases their chance at getting a job by 500x. We read with 10 different students for 20 minutes each. It surprised me how under reading level some of the students are. Its really hard to find good teachers here. Many of them can barely read English themselves. I enjoyed reading with them, but got frustrated sometimes. I just had to hide it and keep encouraging them. Most of them are too cute to even think of getting upset with anyway.

We each had to teach a talent class tonight to about ten students. Did I teach first aid? No. Did i teach diving? No. I painted finger nails and made beaded bracelets. haha it was a hit! Some of the colors looked so cool next to their dark skin.

Tonight- Bollywood movie party!!

2 comments:

  1. what a fun day! way to go with the 'talent'...i love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should live there permanently! You are rockin the outfit. And the elephant. I bet those kids LOVE you.

    ReplyDelete