Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Henna



Instead of moving concrete bricks, we moved sand. I felt like I was back in the sandbox again. Basically we loaded up the truck, drove it down the street, and unloaded it in some guys front yard. They have these neat shovels that work really well- I think they made them. The best part is getting orange soda afterward. I'm still so impressed with the women wearing saris that mix cement and carry load on their head.

The funniest part of the day was when this indian music started playing when we were mixing cement. It was even more confused when a indian man pulled a cell phone out of his skirt. I didn't even know they had cell phones, and I still dont known where he stored it.

I got some sweet henna on my hand tonight. Kala, one of the housemoms did it. She is the one in charge of my family and by far the most respected. She is strict, wise, nice, and quiet. I hope she was proud of herself because it looks awesome!

One girl got a letter from her sponsor today. She was reading it to me. The sponsor told her he had a large picture of her in his office. She didn't understand office so I explained it to her. The eyes lit up and she got a huge grin. I could tell she felt so special and loved.

1 comment: